AOL mail is a popular web-based email service available for free. It is used by a number of people across the globe and is highly feature-packed. As good as this email service might be, sometimes users may encounter AOL mail function search not working issue. There can be multiple reasons for this problem, and their solutions are listed in this article. Read on to learn more about the ways to fix the AOL search mail feature not working problem.
What are the Features of AOL Mail Search?
AOL search has a number of features. Do you ever wonder what these features are? AOL Mail has a large search bar at the top. Read on to learn about the various features of AOL mail search.
- Saved searched– Users can now save the searched terms by clipping them. The saved searches are visible for thirty days, and they can be easily sorted.
- Expanded Snapshots– Snapshots of precise information are available in the search bar. They can be expanded for a quick view.
- Quick Answers– when you search for a query, you can find concise answers in the preview. This is incredibly time-saving.
- Search history– Users can check their search history and even delete it as and when needed.
- Related searched– AOL provides smart suggestions concerning related searches in the form of links.
- Search suggestions- When you are typing anything in the search bar, suggestions will automatically appear in the drop-down.
- Featured Results– Running short on time? Use Featured Results. This feature is intended to help you access the targeted information quickly.
Solutions to Fix AOL Mail Search Function Not Working Issue
There can be a number of reasons behind the AOL search mail feature not working problem. The solutions for this issue are mentioned below:
Solution 1: Sign out and then sign back in
Often, logging out and logging back in troubleshoots basic problems and errors. Here you can find the instructions that need to be followed:
- From a web browser, open mail.aol.com.
- After that, click the Sign Out button located at the upper right corner.
- Now, you need to close the AOL tab.
- Once again open mail.aol.com.
- Enter your username or email.
- Click on the Next button.
- Enter the password and sign back in.
Solution 2: Check the local network
You may face AOL mail search function not working the issue if there are issues with your local network. Check the cables and ensure that the network card is plugged correctly. After that, check that the device is connected to the correct AP.
Solution 3: Check the Wi-Fi connection
In case you are connected to a wireless network, then you may have to tweak some settings. For turning on Wi-Fi and selecting a network, follow the steps given below:
- Go to Settings or click on the Wi-Fi icon at the toolbar.
- Check if it is enabled.
- Select the internet network you desire to connect to.
- Type the secure password, if needed.
- If your device cannot detect the network, then ensure that the router is placed near it.
Solution 4: Reboot the device
Often, a quick reboot fixes basic bugs and glitches which might be causing the AOL mail search not working problem. Hence, simply shut down your device Wait for a few minutes and turn it back on. Open the AOL mail and see if the search function is working or not.
Solution 5: Update the web browser
Often, outdated browsers cause issues such as AOL search bar not working. To get rid of this problem, upgrade your browser. It will also enable you to reap the benefits of the latest browser-features. While the browser should update automatically by default, you can manually install the updates as well.
Fix AOL Mail Search Not Working on Chrome Update it Now
- Open Chrome on your device.
- Click on the menu icon(hamburger) present at the top right.
- From the pull-down, select Help.
- Click on About Google Chrome.
- Check if any updates are available.
- Install the updates.
- Restart the browser.
Fix AOL Mail Search Not Working on Mozilla Firefox Update it Now
- Launch Firefox on your device.
- Go to the menu bar, and click on the Help tab.
- Click on About Firefox.
- In case any browser updates are available, then you need to install them.
- Click on the Restart to Update option.
Fix AOL Mail Search Not Working on Microsoft Edge Update it Now
- Go to the Start menu.
- Click on Settings.
- Choose Updates and Security.
- Click on Windows Update.
- Hit the Check for updates button.
- Install the available updates and Edge will get updated.
Fix AOL Mail Search Not Working on Safari Update it Now
- Click the Apple menu.
- From the list of options, choose System Preferences.
- Now, you need to select the App Store.
- Click on Show Updates
- Select the local update.
- Hit the Update button.
- Type the admin password when prompted.
- Allow the updates to get installed.
Solution 6: Clear the cache
Clearing the cache can also help fix AOL mail search not working problem. From the browser, open the menu, and locate the clear cache option. Restart the browser and see if the AOL search mail feature not working issue has been resolved or not.
Solution 7: Ensure that the device is not in Airplane mode
Often, AOL mail search not working problem could occur because the device is in the Airplane mode. In the Airplane mode, the device is offline. On Windows 10 computers, click on the Internet Access icon at the bottom tray and make sure that the Airplane mode is inactive. Android users need to slide down their notification bar and check the status of Airplane mode. iOS device users can also inspect their status bar to detect if the Airplane mode is enabled or disabled.
Solution 8: AOL Mail Server Error
In case the AOL servers are down, or you are getting the AOL mail server error, then you will just have to wait it out. Keep refreshing the AOL mail page occasionally, and see if the problem is fixed or not. Server issues may lead to the AOL search mail feature not working issue.
Solution 9: Disable Firewall and antivirus
While Firewall and antivirus software is essential for the protection of devices, they may also cause problems. AOL search feature not working problem could arise in case there is any network or firewall restriction. The firewall or network rules may be preventing you from using the AOL mail search function. To solve this, you can disable the Firewall and antivirus on a temporary basis.
Follow these steps for disabling Firewall
- Launch Control Panel
- Open System and Security.
- After that, click on Windows Firewall.
- Toggle the Windows Firewall to off position,
- Choose to turn off the Firewall for private and public networks.
Follow these steps for disabling antivirus
- Launch the antivirus software on your device.
- Go to its settings.
- Click on real-time protection.
- Turn this feature off.
- Go to the Antivirus firewall.
- Turn this feature off as well.
- Click the Yes button when prompted for confirmation.
Solution 10: Update the device OS
Many times, outdated operating systems may lead to issues like AOL mail search function not working. Make sure your device is up to date. If you have not updated the operating system, then glitches and bugs may be present. Updates come with fixes and patches. Hence their installation is essential. Go to the Settings and update the operating system.
Wrapping it up
The solutions mentioned above will help you fix the AOL mail search function not working issue. At times AOL mail server may be down, and in such cases, the issue will get resolved on its own. Hopefully, the solutions mentioned above will help you get rid of the issue.