Easy to Reset AOL Password if Forgot Account Login Password
AOL Mail Forgot Password and Reset Password
Your AOL password gives you access to all AOL services that you use, it is always a fair idea to update your existing password of the AOL email account. Make sure your passwords are set up in a unique way and they are strong enough so that these passwords are not easily hacked by cyber hackers or people who can harm your security. The steps to change the password for the AOL mail account are given below.
Change Password for AOL Mail Account:
- Go to the AOL account security page
- Click the change password option
- Now enter a new password and then click on continue.
- A forgotten AOL Account password can be reset in the following way please go to the Sign-in helper page
- Enter the account recovery items listed, click on continue and follow the sign-in helper.
Forgotten Password for AOL Mail Account: Reset Your AOL Password Now
- Go to the sign-in page, enter the AOL email id/ username or password
- Select sign in, now select the option I forgot my password, after entering your user name, select next, please enter the phone number associated with your account.
- This phone number was entered when you created this account.
- Then select next, after this to verify your email id AOL requires you to enter a verification code
- choose between two options either yes text me the verification code or call me with the verification code
- In case you don’t have access to the phone which was registered you can select the option called I don’t have access to this verification code.
- Make a note of the verification code sent by the call. Enter the verification code now select verify. Enter the new password you would like to use click on save, Log in into your AOL email account with the new password.
Reset Password for AOL Mail account:
You can also opt for resetting the existing AOL password the steps for the same are given below,
- Go to AOL mail sign-in page, enter AOL username select sign in
- choose the option I forgot my password
- enter your user name and select next, enter the phone number or the recovery email to reset the AOL password, which you entered when you created the account answer the security question.
- A verification code is sent of the phone number or the recovery mail, once the verification code is received you can verify the account by the code.
- Now enter the new password click save. Your password for the AOL mail account is reset successfully.
- Once the password is changed successfully after you have reset the password login to your account so that you can test the password.
Tips to develop secure passwords:
Please avoid using anything very obvious and easy to hack such as 123456 or my name basically avoid very basic and common terms. The lengthier the password the more secure it is. Do not use letters and numbers in an obvious pattern that is easy to recognize by hackers. Do not use the same password which you used for another site to make each password unique and easy to remember for you but hard to crack for another person known or unknown to you? Do not build passwords on personal details such as birthdates, addresses, and phone numbers. Change and update passwords regularly, use a nonsense phrase as a password, do not use personal information as it is easy to guess the password, use a password manager do not rely on only your memory for a secure password.
Passwords help you safeguard your information from people known or unknown to you, Passwords should always consist of unique words and phrases which you remember easily but do not reveal to the external world. They should never be able to guess your password. A password manager is an easy and secure way of remembering existent passwords. In business scenarios, the IT administrators always keep 30 to 45 days or expiry to encourage the employees to change passwords from time to time.
Please note if at any given point of time the users face a problem in the password of the AOL mail account they can contact the AOL helpline number whenever required.