In the current fast-paced world, nobody has the time to type in URLs simply yo open their frequently visited sites whenever they launch their web browser. While some browsers like Chrome show the thumbnails of the most visited sites on the start-up page, nothing can beat having your destination geared up for you when you launch your web browser. If you frequent MSN often, then you may want to make the MSN homepage. Or perhaps you had already made it your homepage, but somehow it got changed. Do not worry, you can easily restore the MSN homepage on your web browser. Web browsers not only allow you to set up the startup page but they also allow you to set your own homepage. Read on and learn how to do that.
Steps for Setting Homepage on MSN
- First, you need to click on Help and Settings.
- After that, click on Settings.
- Click on set the homepage option.
- After that, click on Select a web page.
- Enter the URL of the page you wish to set as the homepage.
- Click on the Save Changes button.
Steps to Restore MSN Homepage on Google Chrome
Users can customize the Chrome browser to launch any webpage as the home or startup page. The startup webpage refers to the one that appears when the Chrome browser is launched on the computer. The homepage is the page that opens when the user clicks on Home.
Here are the steps for setting MSN as the startup page on Chrome
First, you need to open a new tab.
- On the computer, double-click on the Chrome icon.
- When the browser launches, click on the More icon.
- Scroll down and click on Settings.
- Chromebook users need to click on Show advanced settings.
- Go to the On startup section.
- Click on Open the New Tab webpage.
- Now, by default, the newly opened page shall show Google’s logo mark, search option, and the thumbnails of the most visited pages.
- Now you can make the relevant changes and set MSN as the startup page.
Steps to Make MSN Homepage on Chrome on Desktop
First, you need to launch Google Chrome by double-clicking on its icon.
After that, click on the menu icon. It is present on the upper right corner of the screen. A pull-down list shall appear.
- From the drop-down, click on Settings. It will be near the bottom of the list of options. The settings screen will open in a new tab.
- Click on the show home button option in the Appearance section. Wait for the toggle to turn blue to colour. Now, you will be able to see a house icon at the top left corner of the screen.
- In case the toggle for Show home button is blue already, then it means the Google Chrome already has the home button.
- Click on the Enter custom web address field.
- Now, you will be able to type the sire’s URL for setting it as the homepage.
- After that, you need to type the website address.
- Click on the Enter a URL text box.
- Carefully type https://www.msn.com/
- Hit the Enter key.
- Now, you can close the Settings browser tab. Click on the cross icon at the upper-right edge of the Settings screen.
- The changes will get saved.
- Click on the home button at the top left-hand corner of the screen for opening MSN as the homepage.
- This is how you can restore MSN homepage.
Steps to Make MSN your Homepage on Chrome on Android Devices
- First, you need to tap on the Google Chrome icon. Doing so will launch the app on your phone.
- Once the Chrome app opens, tap on the hamburger icon. You can find this icon at the upper-right edge of the app screen.
- Wait for the drop-down menu to appear.
- From the range of options, tap on Settings. This option will be present towards the bottom of the menu.
- After that, tap on the Home page option. You can find this option near the Basic category for settings.
- Now, simply toggle the grey switch to turn it on. Wait for the toggle to turn blue in color.
- After that, you will be able to see a home button at the top-right edge of the screen.
- Tap on the Open this page button. The option will be available below the On toggle on the Homepage settings page.
- In the Edit home page setting, tap on the box below open this page.
- Here you need to enter the URL of the MSN website.
- Input www.msn.com.
- In case a URL is already mentioned, then you first have to delete it to restore MSN homepage.
- Finally, tap on the Save button. You have now successfully set MSN as the home page.
Steps to Make MSN the Homepage on Firefox
- In the Mozilla Firefox web browser, launch the MSN website.
- After that, drag the page and drop in on the Home button located on the toolbar at the top.
- When the prompt comes, click on the Yes button.
Alternatively, you can follow these steps to restore MSN homepage:
- Open the Firefox browser.
- Click on the hamburger icon at the top.
- Choose Options.
- Click on the Home tab.
- In the Homepage and new windows, select custom URLs.
- Type www.msn.com.
- Save the changes.
Steps to Make MSN Homepage on Safari
- First, launch the Safari web browser.
- Click on the Safari tab.
- Select Preferences.
- After that, click on General.
- Move to the Homepage section.
- Type www.msn.com in the web address section.
- In case MSN is already opened in a tab, then click on Set to Current Page.
- Now, you can select when the homepage gets shown.
- If you wish to launch new windows from the homepage, then click on New windows open with and then select the Homepage option.
- In case you wish to launch new tabs from the MSN homepage, click on New tabs open with and select the Homepage.
- Now, click on History and select Home to view your homepage
Process for Setting MSN as the Homepage on Microsoft Edge
- Open Microsoft Edge.
- Click on Settings.
- After that, click on more.
- Scroll down and select the Set your homepage option.
- From the pull-down menu, choose A specific page option.
- Type the www.msn.com URL in the text bar.
- Click on the Save button.
Steps to make MSN the Homepage on Internet Explorer
- Launch the Internet Explorer browser on the computer.
- Click on the Tools option at the upper corner.
- After that, click on Internet options.
- Go to the General section.
- Move to the Home Page heading.
- Type www.msn.com in the URL text box.
- You may add multiple URLs.
- In case the MSN website is already open, click on the Use current option.
- Click on the Apply button.
- After that, click on OK.
- The above-mentioned steps will help you make MSN homepage on your browser.