Yahoo Mail is a popular email service that was rolled out more than two decades ago. One of the primary reasons for its popularity is that it is rich in features. Apart from offering unlimited storage, it also has other amazing features such as social networking and instant messaging. While Yahoo email service is usually user-friendly and works smoothly, users may come across errors. Yahoo mail temporary error 15 is a common error faced by users, and it leads to Yahoo rejecting emails. Thankfully, this error can be fixed with ease. Read on to find out more about this error and the ways to fix it.
Yahoo Mail Temporary Error 15: What is it?
There are different error codes associated with Yahoo Mail, and Temporary Error 15 is one of them. This error is faced by web users, and it prevents them from accessing their Yahoo account. It may also slow down the device. As apparent from the name, this error is of temporary nature, and sometimes gets resolved on its own.
Reasons for Yahoo Mail Temporary Error 15
There can be multiple reasons behind the temporary error, which prevents you from loading your email.
- Glitches in Yahoo Mail may lead to Temporary Error 15.
- Outdated or unsupported web browser
- Browser cache may cause this error to appear.
- Corrupted Windows registry
- Virus or malware infection
Unable to load your Yahoo Mail due to temporary error 15? Do not worry. Simply go through the fixes given below and troubleshoot the issue.
Solution 1: Log out of your Yahoo Mail and log back in
At times this error may be fixed by a simple sign out and sign in. Similar to how rebooting the device fixes basic issues, signing out and then signing back in can also fix such temporary errors.
- Go to mail.yahoo.com.
- Sign in, if you aren’t already logged in.
- Click on your name and profile picture at the upper right corner.
- Click on the Sign out button.
- Wait for a few minutes.
- Enter your login credentials and sign in again.
Solution 2: Check that the Web Browser is Supported and Updated
Yahoo Mail works smoothly on web browsers. However, to get the best out of it, you need to ensure that you are using the latest browser version. Yahoo Mail may not work well if on outdated or unsupported web browsers. Here is a list of supported web browsers:
- Mozilla Firefox
- Google Chrome
- Microsoft Edge
To update your web browser, simply open it and go to the settings. Click on Help, and then install the updates. Safari users need to go to the App Store to get updates.
Solution 3: Remove Browser Cache
- Open the Chrome browser.
- Click on Control+Shift+Delete.
- Click on the Basic tab.
- Select the Time Range.
- Click on All Time.
- Hit the Delete Browser Data button.
- Open the browser.
- Press Control+Shift+Delete keys.
- From the Time range drop-down, select Everything.
- Choose All Data.
- Click on Clear Now.
- Launch Edge on the device.
- Click the Control+Shift+Delete keys.
- Choose Temporary services and files.
- Hit the Delete button.
- In Safari, click on the pull-down menu.
- Choose Preferences.
- Go to the Advanced section.
- Click on the Show Develop menu option in the menu bar.
- Click on the Develop tab and select Empty cache.
Solution 4: Repairing the Registry
A broken or corrupt registry can cause problems such as Yahoo Mail Temporary Error 15. Here are some tips that you can use:
- Repair the device.
- Run the SFC scan.
- Clean the Registry using a software.
- Refresh the device.
- Use the DISM command tool.
- Clean the Windows Registry.
Solution 5: Remove Viruses and Malware
If you have an antivirus program on your device, then conduct a full system scan. Make sure your security suite is up-to-date. Remove the detected infections.
Is Yahoo Rejecting Emails? Learn Why it Occurring and How to Fix it
Why is it happening?
- Issues with Yahoo’s delivery infrastructure
- Heavy or unusual traffic
- Deprioritization of the mail server
Solutions– to fix if Yahoo Rejecting Emails
If you are facing Yahoo rejecting emails issue, then do not fret. There are multiple ways to solve this problem. Check out the possible resolutions given below.
Wait it out
In case there are any technical problems concerning the service’s delivery infrastructure or there is massive and unusual traffic, then the only solution is to wait it out. The issue will get resolved in a while, and you can retry sending the email at a later time.
This issue may also occur when the IP gets blacklisted. Hence, it is best to check your IP reputation. To troubleshoot the issue, here’s what you can do:
- Ensure that reverse DNS resolves an IP to a hostname.
- Your hostname should possess an A Record.
- Make sure your hostname is not generic.
- Have a valid SPF.
- Check the functionality of DKIM.
Review if the account is working properly
- Log in to your Yahoo email account on an internet browser.
- Create a new message.
- Type your own email ID in the To bar.
- Click on Send.
- Refresh your inbox to see if you have received the email.
Check the POP/IMAP Settings
Ensure that the application is set up with the right POP/IMAP settings for the service. At times, the app data on the hard drive may be corrupt or wrong. Delete your email account from the application and add it again.
Unblock the ports
Certain programs and protocols such as antimalware suites and firewalls may be blocking the port. In case your port 995, 587, or 465 is blocked, then Yahoo Mail will not be able to connect with the servers. Unblock these blocked ports to resolve Yahoo rejecting emails issue.